The Energy for Growth Hub is seeking a future energy and climate policy star to join our team working on energy finance and technology. The Energy for Growth Hub is a global think tank advancing data-driven solutions to end energy poverty and build a high-energy climate-resilient future for everyone.
This full-time position will perform original policy research and analysis, and provide input and support across all our workstreams. Priority will be given to candidates with an active interest in policies that support emerging energy technologies (e.g., advanced nuclear, enhanced geothermal, electric vehicles) in frontier markets. We especially seek to shape US government tools, influence international institutions, and provide useful analysis for African and Asian policymakers.
- Researching and analyzing global power sector and energy investment trends across emerging economies in Africa & Asia
- Supporting projects on geospatial data analysis of electricity consumption, electricity reliability, as well as frontier market readiness for EVs, advanced nuclear, and other emerging technologies
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting data in clear, compelling formats (e.g., graphics, slide decks, and short memos)
- Drafting and editing papers, blogs, memos, and grant reports
- Working closely with other team members, affiliated fellows, and external partners
- Adapting and targeting communications for diverse audiences, including non-subject matter experts
- Working both on a small team and independently
- Other tasks and responsibilities that arise often at a small, flexible nonprofit
- Most important skill → Clear concise writing
- Must have → Demonstrated passion for our mission
- Several years experience at a related organization
- Relevant degree (e.g., public policy, economics, engineering, IR)
- Knowledge of Tableau, R, or Stata is a plus
- Sense of humor!
Level: Position will be designed to suit the best candidate. Title and competitive salary based on experience.
Location: Washington DC preferred but open to remote.
- Please answer 3 short questions here in lieu of a cover letter.
- Send your CV and one brief writing sample (e.g., a sole-authored blog post, article, or paper summary) that best shows your writing style to email@example.com with “Associate Application from [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line. No cover note is required.
Application closes December 10, 2023.